Haveringland is a village and civil parish in the English county of Norfolk about 8 miles (13 km) north-west of Norwich.
Haveringland is situated to the south of Cawston in east mid Norfolk. Its name comes from the Old English for ‘newly cultivated land of Haefer’s people’. The parish has a long history, and was certainly well established by the time of the Norman Conquest, its population, land ownership and productive resources being recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086.
Haveringland covers an area of 8.9 km2 (3.44 sq. mi) and had a population of 187 in 69 households at the 2001 census.For the purposes of local government, it falls within the district of Broadland.
Its church, St Peter’s, is one of 124 existing round tower churches in Norfolk.
Norfolk Heritage Explorer
Accessed 9th July 2016